Thursday 22 November 2012

Help wanted - make up removing and facial cleansing...

Recently I've become very interested in how best to remove make up and then cleanse my skin. 

I'm ashamed to admit that for the last 10+ years I've stuck to a basic routine of face wipe, facial wash and then moisturising before bed. However over the last few months I've realised this routine isn't really cutting it - my skin is very dry and I've got fine lines appearing round my eyes. 

So I'm doing some research to find a new routine. Do you have any suggestions of good products to use to remove make up and then cleanse my skin? What do you use? 

I'm not sure I can give up on water completely so I'd still like to use a cleanser which involves water in the process and I need something that will remove heavy eyeshadow easily.

A full post of my findings will be coming soon...

x


6 comments:

  1. I normally take my eye makeup off with a face wipe to get all the excess off, then I use a hot cloth cleanser (I really like the No 7 one) and warm water to really cleanse my skin, before moisturising- I'm terrified of wrinkles too so use a lot of anti-wrinkle cream- I don't think you're ever too young!xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this - I'm definitely going to introduce cleansing rather than facial wash in future. I've just bought a good one from REN that I'll be reviewing next week.

    Still not sure what to replace wipes with though!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love balm cleansers or hot cloth ones, Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish is a gorgeous hot cloth one that I use all the time, it smells quite herbal which I really like and is around £12/£13. Balm cleansers tend to be much pricier but they are amazing, I got the Eve Lom balm as a gift once and loved it so much, but can't justify spending £55 on washing my face! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely want to try a balm cleanser, I've seen one from REN but as you mention, it was very pricey so I'm holding back at the moment.

      I love Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish, it always makes my skin feel lovely and smooth.

      Thanks for the tips :)

      Delete
  4. I've just started using La Roche-Posay Toleraine Dermo-Cleanser which you can get in boots for £11 or two for £15 at the moment,I don't think thats too expensive and then I finish off with Liz Earle skin repair moisturiser.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a really good offer, I saw that range in Boots myself earlier in the week and was tempted. Thanks for letting me know your routine :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...