Thursday 25 October 2012

Why Do You Wear Makeup? | TAG

I'm a bit unsure how these TAG things work but I've just seen one come up on Wonderful You blog which I thought I'd get involved with. I've been meaning to do a blog post on my journey through make up so this seems to ask all the right questions! Here goes:

1. When did you begin to love makeup?

I can remember desperately wanting to wear make up from being about age 12-13, both my older sister and Mum wore make up so I couldn't wait to get my own collection of lotions and potions to wear like they did.

I don't think I was allowed to wear make up properly until I was about 14 . I have a memory of hiding a Collection 2000 red lipstick and black mascara that I'd got free in Shout magazine (showing my age there!) which I'd look at longingly on a regular basis until I was allowed to start using them. Of course when I could finally use them they both looked terrible on me!

2. How do you feel without makeup?

The honest answer is terrible! I really do. I was actually late for a meeting on Tuesday and didn't have time to put any make up on and I felt half asleep and half finished all day! My eyes don't feel awake until I put all my eyeshadow, eyeliner and mascara on. Plus they look red and ill! Putting make up on makes me feel more colourful, more human and I really enjoy the 5-10minutes I spend getting creative with eyeshadow each morning!

I've always been a 'blusher' (I feel this deserves a blog post on its own!) so when I put my foundation on in a morning I know that the inevitable facial flushes won't be so noticeable!

3. What do you like about makeup?

My main passion is eyeshadow. I can take or leave foundation, powders, lipsticks etc. I like the hundreds of colours in different palettes and the shimmer, colour and difference they can make to my eyes. I like mixing and matching them and then adding in coloured mascara and eyeliner. Basically whenever I see an eyeshadow palette I have to have a second look and then usually make the purchase!

My favourites are the cheap and colourful - I'm not really fussed by expensive classy palettes that most people seem to favour. I need people to know I'm wearing eyeshadow if I'm going to make the effort putting it on!

4. Three 'Holy Grail' Items:

I hear a lot about Holy Grail items on blogs but I have to say I don't really have anything in particular! I like to keep changing what I'm using on an almost weekly basis. At the moment I like Liz Earle and REN for skincare and my make up is a selection of MUA, H&M, Boots, M&S and various other odds and sods.
  

1 comment:

  1. I can certainly relate to the eyes looking more awake with make-up on comment! I always look super tired without some make-up around my eyes. Enjoyed reading your answers :) x

    http://wewereraisedbywolves.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...